All Saints Church, Stanhoe

The Church

 

All Saints Church, Stanhoe was built around 700 years ago. Just inside the door of the Church lies a pair of tapered grave slabs. They bear an omega sign and are made of Barnack Stone. These have been attributed to Hervey de Stanhoe (died 1297) and his wife Isabel. He was Sheriff of Norfolk (1259-61) and Keeper of the Laity in Norwich in 1272. It is thought that he started to build the Church in 1280 and died before it was completed.

 

More recent additions include the Charles Kemp stained glass windows.

 

There are many recent improvements to the fabric of the church which is now in good order.

 

The Church contains a fine organ and music is an important part of our worship. We are fortunate to have a regular organist within the congregation.

 

The Church is surrounded by a pretty and well-maintained churchyard.

 

The Church is open daily. The Church reaches beyond its regular congregation in the following ways:

  • By supporting Fair Trade
  • By supporting other charities including the Royal British Legion, the Church Housing Trust, St Luke’s Hospital for the Clergy, the Cathedral Fund, the Historic Churches Preservation Trust and the Children’s Society.
  • By distributing welcome cards to newcomers to the village
  • By distributing a monthly newsletter, Saints Alive, around the village.
  • By selling Christmas cards made by members of the congregation and bearing illustrations of the Church
  • By visiting families prior to baptism services
  • By visiting bereaved families before and after funeral services

Regular fundraising takes place and we have an Open Gardens day which is organized by the PCC and friends and is followed either by a Garden Thanksgiving Service or informal concert in the Church. There is a popular Annual Concert which takes place in the Church followed by supper. Some years an additional Summer Concert takes place. We hold an annual Coffee Morning with stalls of cakes, books and bric a brac. Various members of our congregation take part in the Norfolk Churches Trust Cycle Ride.

 

Read more about Stanhoe>>

Contact Us

 

The Bishop of Lynn

The Old Vicarage

Castle Acre

King's Lynn

PE32 2AA

 

Telephone : 01760 755553

Stanhoe Church